Murder trial hears how two sisters were found dead in London park | UK news

Spread the love

The boyfriend of one of two sisters stabbed to death in a park has described the horrifying moment he found their lifeless bodies in bushes.

Nicole Smallman, 27, and Bibaa Henry, 46, were allegedly attacked by Danyal Hussein, 19, who is said to have believed he had made blood pact with a demon to win the lottery.

Earlier that night, they had been celebrating Henry’s birthday with friends in Fryent Country Park in Wembley, north-west London.

On Monday, Smallman’s boyfriend, Adam Stone, broke down at the Old Bailey as he told of his frantic search for his girlfriend and her sister.

When he finally found the bodies concealed in bushes near the picnic spot, he screamed and fell to his knees, jurors heard.

Stone, 35, a video editor, told jurors he had met Smallman on Facebook six years before and they had lived together at his parents’ house, with their pet bearded dragon.

By last June, Smallman had moved into a shared flat but they remained “very much in love, best friends”, he said.

Stone had stayed at home on the night of Henry’s party on 5 June last year but had given Smallman money for a minicab home.

Just after 1am, he received a last text message from her saying: “I’m dancing in a field.”

She did not respond to his reply and he became increasingly worried that neither her friends nor family had seen her, the court heard.

He reported Smallman missing to police and even attempted to track her mobile phone, without success, the jury was told.

On June 7, Stone and his parents, David and Jill, decided to search for the sisters in the park where she had been last seen, shouting and looking in bushes, the court heard.

He met up with Bibaa’s concerned friend Nina Esmat on top of a hill at the site of the party, the court heard.

He said: “She was already at the position where they had been the night before. She had found some sunglasses.

“I think she called the police and they told her to bring the glasses to the station.”

Stone said he had found a second pair of glasses but left them where they were “just in case it was a crime scene”.

Prosecutor Oliver Glasgow QC asked: “At this point how are you feeling?”

Stone haltingly replied: “Terrified.”

After Esmat left to go to the police station, his father found a black-handled kitchen knife in the grass, jurors heard.

The witness said: “The second I saw the knife I started running. I already had my phone ringing 999.”

He spotted some shoes in undergrowth and ran round and “dived into the bushes”, he said.

Stone became emotional as he described finding the two women’s bodies.

Glasgow said: “Did you touch either of the bodies?”

Stone said: “No. I fell to my knees in front of Nicole.”

Glasgow said: “Was it obvious to you she was dead?

The witness replied: “Yes. I was on the phone to the police at the time. I screamed and I saw my mum and dad were a couple of metres behind me.

“I jumped up and turned around, gave my phone to my dad. I was still connected to 999 and grabbed them by the shoulders and told them not to look in there.”

Stone’s father told jurors that his son had looked “ashen” when he saw the knife and gave a “guttural” scream when he discovered the bodies.

He told jurors: “Adam came out and he said something like: ‘They are there’ or ‘They are in there.’”

Jill Stone wept as she told jurors her son had become increasingly “frantic” in the hours after Smallman went missing.

She added the couple were very alike, both “artistic and full of love and creativity”.

Hussein, of Blackheath, south-east London, has denied double murder and possessing a knife.

Source link

Written by bourbiza

Bourbiza Mohamed. Writer and Political Discourse Analysis.


Leave a Reply

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings