Is this the easiest meal prep idea ever? Nutritionist shares her recipe for ‘five-minute burrito bowls’
- A nutritionist has shared her simple recipe for healthy five-minute burrito bowls
- Ange, of The Healthy Diary, was tired of her meal prep taking over her entire day
- She created her healthy burrito bowl as a great way to get set up for the week
- Hundreds who saw the recipe said they would bookmark it and save it for later
A nutritionist has shared her simple recipe for burrito bowls, and she said you only need five minutes to make her healthy meal prep at home.
Ange, of The Healthy Diary in Melbourne, was tired of feeling like her meal prep was taking over her entire day and feeling exhausted by the idea of batch cooking.
She created her own healthy burrito bowl idea that is as easy as it is delicious to prepare for a busy week of work.
Scroll down for video
A nutritionist has shared her simple recipe for burrito bowls, and she said you only need five minutes to make her healthy meal prep (the bowls pictured)
Ange, of The Healthy Diary in Melbourne, was tired of feeling like her meal prep was taking over her entire day and feeling exhausted by the idea of batch cooking (pictured after prep)
‘Healthy eating shouldn’t add extra stress to your day,’ Ange posted on Instagram.
‘I love to create healthy and delicious meals that are quick and easy for people.’
The nutritionist added: ‘Try this five minute burrito bowl for your next prep and take the rest of the day for you and to focus on what you love doing.’
The meal is vegetarian, budget-friendly, and it contains 22 grams of protein and just 370 calories per serve.
‘Healthy eating shouldn’t add extra stress to your day,’ Ange said. ‘I love to create healthy and delicious meals that are quick and easy for people’ (the bowls pictured being made)
How to make a healthy burrito bowl
The nutritionist shared her easy recipe (pictured) on Instagram
1/3 packet (85g) of pre-cooked rice
1/3 can Mexican bean mix, rinsed & drained
2 handfuls of lettuce, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes
1 small tin (75g) corn kernels, rinsed and drained
30g reduced-fat tasty cheese
For the sauce
2 tbsp taco sauce. I used
1 tbsp (20g) light sour cream
Garlic powder to taste
1. Add the rice and beans to a bowl and mash together until combined. Put the mixture into a section of your divided meal prep containers.
2. Chop lettuce and add it to one of the other sections.
3. Put sweetcorn kernels in the third section and add tomatoes on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
4. Then, make your sauce, combining the taco sauce, light sour cream and garlic powder in a bowl. Divide the sauce into smaller containers to go with your lunch and keep the lunch fresh.
5. You can add a sheet of paper on top of the burrito bowls to help to keep them fresh and draw out any moisture.
6. Add the lids and serve.
Source: The Healthy Diary
To make the sauce, Ange said you need to combine taco sauce, light sour cream and garlic powder in a bowl (pictured)
To make the burrito bowls, Ange said you need to get pre-cooked rice, Mexican bean mix, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn kernels, tasty cheese and then ingredients for the sauce including taco sauce, light sour cream and garlic powder.
Then, just add the rice to a bowl along with the beans and mash together, before dividing up the various ingredients into sections and finish with the sauce.
‘This meal is high volume, filling and nutritious,’ Ange said.
‘It’s also super easy to adjust to meet the fam’s requirements.’
You can add a sheet of paper on top of the burrito bowls to keep them fresher for longer before adding the lid (pictured)
Hundreds who saw the recipe were impressed with it, and said they will definitely be trying her bowls.
‘Yum burrito bowls are my fave go to lunch,’ one person commented.
Another added: ‘Omg, that’s so easy and quick, I love it. I work five days a week and my lunches and snacks are always on the road, as a community nurse, so that looks like an amazing idea’.